7.1.12

The Help: Movie Review + What I Thought

My friend has been nagging me to watch this movie, for some time now, and yesterday my papa bought it, and we watched it. My mom and I. And i cried. It inspired me. Here is just an over view of what it's about. I won't spoil it, so if you haven't seen it, you can still keep reading; it won't ruin anything. These are the main characters in the movie:
 This is the cover:
 This girl, inspired me, and many others:
 This movie took place in a time where this, wasn't aloud:
 This movie is incredible. It is my new favorite, and i hope everyone takes time to watch it.
I love these ladies..

Now go watch it, and see for yourself...
Be a good person.


*************

There are people in this world who are heroes. Not Batman or Superman; those aren’t even real hero’s. The real hero’s here are the soldiers; the single moms; the children who become adults way too soon; the abused; the hopeless; the people who struggle every single day of their lives, are the real heroes. Real heroes don’t wear capes, or have masks. The real heroes have; faith; love; strength; hope; and most of all, courage; the courage to wake up; courage to do what they do every day. They have courage to love and to believe that God loves them. God does love…and he loves everyone. Sometimes I feel like my life is abysmal and that my life is so difficult and I mourn and complain how I have a hard, tough life. But I don’t have a hard life at all. These people that are single moms; soldiers; the abused…they have it rough, but somehow, they believe, and they make it through. I don’t know how it feels to be them, and I’m not going to pretend that I do, but one thing I know, is that I want to be as strong as them…in every aspect. The heroes in this world are unseen. The real heroes are not on the T.V. screens or in the magazines. The real heroes are right by us. Everyone around us has a story, and in every story there is sadness, loneliness, guilt, but somehow, people dig deep inside and find hope. These are the real heroes. Take a look around you; think about all the people that you have ever talked with…think about them and appreciate them. We don’t know everyone’s story and we don’t always know who the real heroes are, but in every person, there is a hero deep inside them. Everyone can be a hero. Everyone can have hope. Everyone can believe. And everyone can make it through rough times. “You is smart, you is kind, you is important.” Believe that. Live that. Be that. We are people. We make mistakes, but someone in this world needs what you have. Be someone’s hero. Be a hero. Everyone needs a hero in their life. Everyone is special, and God loves everyone.

Inside everyone there are monsters. Inside everyone there is something that makes them who they are. Inside everyone that walks this planet, there is a reason that they are who they are. Things that happen in our life, people we acquaint with, and the things we choose to do, shape who we are, and make us who we are and who we will become. We choose our destiny. We choose our fate. And we choose who we want to become. At times, we get lost, and we lose sight of what we want to be and what we want to do with our lives. Through these times, we must remember God. We must remember who we want to become. We must believe that we matter. You matter. You are important. You are unique, and you have a purpose in this life. Everyone has a purpose in this life, whether we know it or not. Every being on this planet, will change someone’s life forever, and most of the time, we don’t even know it. I believe that people can change the world. I always here that and I have always heard it through out my life, but I believe now. The movie, The Help, did something to me. It sparked something inside me. I don’t know why, but I feel like I want to make a difference. I want to be courageous. I want to be strong. I want to be brave. I want to stand for what I believe in and I want to make a difference. I know that I can. “I is smart, I is kind, I is important.” And everyone is or can be. I will stand for what I believe. I will be who I am. I will be myself. And I will be a hero…a real hero. I will change. I will do what is right. I won’t follow the crowd. I will believe in myself and others. I will be a friend to everybody, no matter what. I will change someone for the better. I will have Faith. Hope. Joy. And I will be a good person. That is all I want in life. That is my dream, and that is what I will be and that is what I will do with my life. It’s my life and I want to change, not the world, not a country, not a school…but I want to make a change. I promise to be who I want to be. I promise to do what is right, no matter who is watching; and no matter what.
--Taesha Cecil Baldridge 





3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful post.So deep.

    I am glad I know you.

    Well,after reading that I wanna watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And yes, i highly recommend it! It's an amazing movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I am so proud of you sweetie! I am so glad you have been so inspired because you is smart, you is kind, you is important!! I love you so much and I hope you never forget what you felt while watching this movie. Many many lessons can be learned from it. Love love love this post, you truly are amazing & I am so lucky to be your mom;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I love hearing what you have to say!(: